In contrast to the qualitative paradigm, quantitative data is used to answer specific research questions with the aid of statistical analysis. Identify and discuss at least three non-experimental research methods. Define and explain the type of data that would be used in each of your chosen methods.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:14 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started on this problem set. I have also listed some references you can visit online to expand on the information provided. Good luck with your studies.
OTA 105878/Xenia Jones
The Quantitative Method
In the sciences, the qualitative, quantitative and mixed-methods (a combination of the two) are used as a means of doing scientific research under the scientific methodology. Dependent upon the purpose and the nature of the research, scientists and researchers choose which methods are most appropriate to achieve the purposed aim of the study. Qualitative methods is applied when the study requires scientists to mine details about a particular subject matter and they seek emergent theories. In anthropology, history and linguistics for example, qualitative and ethnographic (observer) methods are much preferred. In the natural sciences like biology, chemistry, physics and ...
The solution lists three non-experimental research methods following the quantitative method. Quantitative data/method is also explained. References are listed for the purpose of exploration. A word version is attached for easy printing.
Comparing Quantitative Research Designs
Select two types of quantitative research designs to compare.
- Briefly describe each of the designs that you selected. Include the types of samples used to conduct these research methods and the process for selecting a sample.
- Explain two similarities and two differences between the designs you selected.
- Describe at least one strength and one limitation of each design.
- Describe an insight or conclusion you can draw from the comparison.
- Explain any ethical, legal, and socio-cultural considerations that may be relevant for the designs you selected.View Full Posting Details