Task: Elaborate on the each of the following research methods by providing a description of each and indicating their applications.
- Scientific method
- Case study method
- Survey method
- Naturalistic observation method
- Correlation method
- Experimental method
1. Scientific method: is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion.
The simple version looks something like this:
1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.
Application: Investigating the hypotheses: Marijuana impacts depth perceptions or older people process information slower than younger people. (http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node6.html#SECTION02121000000000000000).
2. Case study method is analysis of real world phenomena that you can experiment or observe. Case study research generally answers one or more questions which begin with "how" or "why." The questions ...
This solution provides assistance on the topic of research methods through an analysis on some of the most commonly used techniques. This is all completed in about 525 words and provides a few references throughout the response.