Select two types of quantitative research designs to compare.
- Briefly describe each of the designs that you selected. Include the types of samples used to conduct these research methods and the process for selecting a sample.
- Explain two similarities and two differences between the designs you selected.
- Describe at least one strength and one limitation of each design.
- Describe an insight or conclusion you can draw from the comparison.
- Explain any ethical, legal, and socio-cultural considerations that may be relevant for the designs you selected.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:22 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular problem, you have been tasked by your professor to compare two types of quantitative research designs/methods and their certain attributes. As I think that it is concise homework, I believe that what you need to do is make your answers compact but complete. I suggest this outline:
1. RD/method 1 - description, strength & limitation, ethical issues - 100 words
2. RD/method 2 - same as above
3. Similarities & differences plus insight - 100 words
This should cover what you need. I suggest looking at your materials as well just to make sure that you include ideas from there, your professor will appreciate that. You can use your listed resources below to further explore the topic. Good luck with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
On Quantitative Methods:
The quantitative methods focus on what is measurable, what can be quantified. In the quantitative pathway, the idea is to explain a phenomenon or subjects of study by looking for causal explanation. The questions answered are mostly in the vein of 'why' and allows for comparison of groups, items, subjects, ideas and elements which is essential in science, but most especially in any psychological or social scientific study. What cannot be directly observed can be studied and described in ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) of comparing and contrasting 2 types of quantitative research designs (experimental and non-experimental). All the the tasks listed are provided guidance and answers. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Qualitative and Quantitative Research Designs: Effective Teaching Strategies for Nursing.
What is the best way to do a research study on effective teaching strategies for nursing instructors?
The question asks about research study design for effective teaching strategies for nursing instructors. In response, appropriate suggestions are made for both quantitative and qualitative methodology designs. Key things that will influence how you select a design are also outlined in the response.View Full Posting Details