1) Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using IQ as a measure of intelligence. (Be sure to include specific examples)
2) Is it an accurate measure? (Be sure to include specific examples)
3) In what situations is it not accurate? (Be sure to include specific examples)
4) Some psychologists and educators believe it is useful to measure children's IQ while others disagree. What are the advantages and disadvantages? (Be sure to include specific examples)
Use scholarly sources to support your statements. Cite your sources using APA format
1) One of the distinct advantages of using IQ as a measure of intelligence is that it has been found to be somewhat accurate in measuring basic intelligence factors, such as an individual's cognitive ability to reason, as well as to utilize analytical and critical thinking. An example of this is the utilization of IQ as a measure of an individual's probability of completing college or obtaining an advanced degree, due to the fact that there has been found to be a strong correlation between an individual's educational attainment and their IQ. This essentially means that individuals with doctoral degrees usually have higher IQs than individuals ...
This solution describes key aspects of IQ tests.