Please use three different articles on the topic of systems for managing quality improvement across health care organizations (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award (MBNQA), Benchmarking, ISO 9000). Two articles are required to be quantitative studies and the third article a qualitative study. Provide a brief summary of each article, then compare and contrast the systems' effectiveness in healthcare.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:06 am ad1c9bdddf
Please see attachments for the articles.
Article 1: Qualitative study
Andersson, R., Eriksson, H. & Torstensson, H. (2006). Similarities and differences between TQM, six sigma and lean. The TQM Magazine 18(3):282-296.
This study consists of a literature review and face-to-face interviews to determine the qualitative differences between total quality management (TQM), six sigma and lean management. This paper determines that all three quality improvement strategies share a common origin (Japan) and effects, but differ in the core goals and key approach. In TQM, the primary goal is to increase customer satisfaction. In six sigma, the primary goal is to save money. In lean management, the primary goal is to become more efficient in time. TQM tends to be much more theoretical and attitudinal when planning, while lean management and six sigma tend to be much more analytical and critical, constantly measuring and analyzing past events to make future decisions. The paper finishes by recommending ...
The expert examines managing quality improvement across health care organizations.
Important Factors to Continuous Quality Improvement
1. Discuss the impact of managed care on the U.S. health care delivery system.
2. Discuss the importance of high-performing teams to quality improvement efforts and the approaches used to improve the outcomes produced by these teams.
3. Discuss the implementation of continuous quality improvement into healthcare organizations, and about CQI and the transformation to the "learning" organization.
4. Discuss the impact of information management and technology for CQI in health care organizations and why it took so long to realize the need for this technology.
5. Discuss the involvement that the Care Delivery Organizations, Managed Care, Purchasers, and the Quality Improvement Collaborative have in the CQI process of Primary Care Practices.
6. Discuss the barriers of implementing the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process into primary care organizations.
7. Discuss the barriers that have been identified regarding the technological approach to computerized order entry and the electronic health records.
8. Discuss the impact of "health care disintermediation" of CQI in healthcare and the alternatives suggested for the "re-intermediating delivery" by the physicians.
Your discussion should be based on information from data, research, literature, and discussion of issues and trends. You must clearly identify the topics that have the greatest impact on Continuous Quality Improvement in our health care system and support your discussion.View Full Posting Details