Using the information you gleaned from both articles, please discuss the following issues:
1. Provide a brief overview of the quality improvement process. Be sure to give examples and to specifically discuss what quality improvement teams are.
2. The article you read indicated that there needs to be an agreement and understanding between employees and managers for successful quality programs. Discuss this aspect of the case study (e.g. did this occur, what understanding do you think each group had, etc).
3. What steps did the manager take to implement the improvement process? What steps did he do correctly? Which ones did not work?
4. What recommendation do you think Joe made? Do you agree?
5. If you were the manager of this unit, what would you have done differently to implement the process and why?
The quality improvement process is essentially a process by which hospitals and other healthcare organizations seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness by which they provide services to their clients, as well as to increase the organization's efficiency in conducting in its daily operations. The quality improvement process involves the assessment of the healthcare facilities present operational capabilities, and seeks ways to improve these capabilities based on the information that is gained through this analysis. This process also involves the ability of organizational leadership to be able to effectively influence staff members to take the steps necessary to help with the quality improvement process, in a manner utilizing their own ideas ...