The millennium Development Goals are the world's time-bound and quantified targets for addressing extreame poverty in its many dimensions-income poverty, hunger, disease, lack of adequate shelter, and exclusion-while promoting gender equality, education, and environmental sustainability. This goal is addressed specifically for Sub-Saharan Africa where a good proportion of the bottom billion live.
Goal 7 Ensure Environmental Sustainability
Target 9. Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programs and reverse the loss of environmental resources
25. Proportion of land area covered by forest (FAO)
26. Ratio of area protected to maintain biological diversity to surface area (UNEP-WCMC)
27. Energy use (kg oil equivalent) per $1 GDP (PPP) (IEA, World Bank)
28. Carbon dioxide emissions per capita (UNFCCC, UNSD) and consumption of ozone-depleting CFCs (ODP tons) (UNEP-Ozone Secretariat)
29. Proportion of population using solid fuels (WHO)
This is a detailed outline of an essay on millennium Development Goals, Goal 7, Target 9 on Ensuring Environmental Sustainability. The outline is divided into: an introduction with a thesis statement and detailed ideas and supporting details for six body paragraphs. There's a list of references at the end of the file.
There're also two files:
a file from African Union and another one from UNDP (United Nations Development Program)
Please provide your opinion and why for the following:
Environmental Sustainability in the United States is ___________________.
It is ( or is not ) necessary because_______________________________.
It can be (or can not ) be accomplished because_____________________.View Full Posting Details