From the World Health Organization perspective, health is the absence of disease within an individual or group, as well as the overall vitality of the individual in respect to their ability to carry out the essential functions of everyday living in an appreciable manner. In addition, according to the World Health Organization, health is one of the prerequisites to individuals being able to absorb and assimilate information in a manner that will give them the knowledge to be able to improve their socioeconomic and ...
The millennium Development Goals are the world's time-bound and quantified targets for addressing extreame poverty in its many dimensions-income poverty, hunger, disease, lack of adequate shelter, and exclusion-while promoting gender equality, education, and environmental sustainability. This goal is addressed specifically for Sub-Saharan Africa where a good proportion of the bottom billion live.
Goal 7 Ensure Environmental Sustainability
Target 9. Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programs and reverse the loss of environmental resources
25. Proportion of land area covered by forest (FAO)
26. Ratio of area protected to maintain biological diversity to surface area (UNEP-WCMC)
27. Energy use (kg oil equivalent) per $1 GDP (PPP) (IEA, World Bank)
28. Carbon dioxide emissions per capita (UNFCCC, UNSD) and consumption of ozone-depleting CFCs (ODP tons) (UNEP-Ozone Secretariat)
29. Proportion of population using solid fuels (WHO)