1. Graph y=x-1 List at least five points on the line
2. Graph 2x+y=6 Find the x and y intercepts.
3. Find the slope of the line through (1/3, 2) (-1/3, 1)
4. Graph the line through (2,3) with slope 1/2 .
5. Write an equation for the line in the following graph. Use slope and intercept form if possible.
(Please refer to the attachment for the graph)
6. Write an equation in slope-intercept form if possible for the line through (0,-3) and (4,0). Make a sketch.
7. Find the equation of the line through (2,3) with slope 1/3. Write answer in slope-intercept form.
8. Find the equation of the line through (3,5) and (8,15). Write answer in standard form using only integers.
9. Write a formula that expresses the relationship described by "m varies directly as p". Use k for the constant.
10 Christmas Tree: The price of a Christmas tree varies directly with the height. If a 5-foot tree costs $20, what is the price of a 6-foot tree?
11. Determine which of the following points satisfy the equation: x+y<=0 ; (0, 0)(2, -1), (-6, 3)
12 Maple Rockers: Ozark furniture company can obtain at most 3,000 board feet of maple lumber for making its classic and modern maple rocking chairs. A classic maple rocker requires 15 board feet of maple, and a modern rocker requires 12 board feet of maple. Write an inequality that limits the possible number of maple rockers of each type that can be made.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 10:51 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution is comprised of detailed explanation and step-by-step calculation of the given problems and provides students with a clear perspective of the underlying concepts.