An analysis of the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool and its usefulness and effectiveness in decreasing the stress and violence levels at work due to negative experiences seen or lived by the health care employees.
Working in the health care industry often puts health care professionals in the line of danger from ill patients, stressed families, overburdened health care facilities, and the many situations and locations in which each individual works. The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool has been designed to decrease the stress levels of those that experienced or witnessed violence or trauma. Answer the following questions in detail. Be sure to specifically address:
(1) What is the purpose of using the tool?
(2) The process of using the tool.
(3) The expected outcome from utilizing this stress management tool.
(4) Name at least 3 healthcare professions that are at risk and have utilized the tool.
(5) Do you believe the tool to be useful in decreasing stress and coping with violence in the workplace? Why or why not?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 20, 2020, 6:43 pm ad1c9bdddf
The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool was developed to help individuals cope with their exposure to traumatic events like suicides and extreme violent events cause by nature or men. Its process involves an intervention (as early as possible) by both professional and peer-support personnel trained for this purpose. They will follow a process called debriefing that uses established standard of stress intervention techniques that includes leading the individual through a series of steps that will allow him/her to discuss their experiences, receive support, and learn coping strategies.
The expected outcome of this process is to help individuals improve their coping abilities and decrease the probability of developing ...
Questions on the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool and its usefulness and effectiveness in decreasing stress and violence in the workplace are answered.