1. What are the benefits of EMRs? (125 words)
2. What are the negative aspects of EMRs? (125 words)
3. How do Health Level Seven (HL7) standards facilitate the sharing of clinical data?
4. What were the issues that HIPAA was to address? How well has it worked thus far?
*Please include a reference for each response
Electronic Medical Records and HL7
Advantages of Electronic Medical Records:
- Reduces medical documentation errors. Many billing errors or inaccurate coding mistakes will be eliminated with EMR which in turn will reduce overall costs to the organization.
- Evidence shows that using EMR in clinical settings increases adherence to clinical guidelines and effective care.
- Recording medical information with EMR benefits society by creating a larger data pool of patient data and outcomes that one can use to further conduct research.
- Access to patient information is stored in EMR and when individuals switch care providers or seek further specialty care for a condition, all previous health information relating to the patient is easily accessible to new providers.
- EMRs save time by not having to re-enter patient or care information on a number of different manual forms. This also saves the physician time ...
The electronic medical records and health level seven standards are examined. The issues of HIPAA are addressed.
Electronic Health Records: The New Standard
I need some help with answering these questions on electronic health records:
•Define electronic health record.
•Compare and contrast an electronic health record with a hybrid electronic health record.
•Discuss government and private sector intervention in the development of an EHR.
•Discuss meaningful use and its impact on the development of the electronic health record.
•Identify the challenges associated with implementing the EHR.