Consider a health service or a health organisation. What are the main components of the wider system within which this service or organisation operates? Identify the key organisational and service relationships within that system, the nature and extent of their interdependency, and the influence they have on the achievement of your chosen service or organisation.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:21 am ad1c9bdddf
The Public Health Department as Part of the Wider Health Care System
A health care system consists of all the organizations, institutions, resources and people whose primary purpose is to improve health. Most organization or agency functions in and are part of a wider system in which they operate. For example, public health department is part of the wider health care system. The key organizational and service relationships wherein the public health department and the wider system of its organization and service delivery control includes the overall structure of all the other agencies and organizations that deliver health services including but not limited to: government and non-government sectors, institutions and processes that provide inputs such as staff and drugs, as well as the factors that affect each individual institutions that provide such services. Additionally, governments develop and implement procedures and policies which influence the branching health care service agencies and organization which in turn because of the interdependency, interconnectedness, and influence also affect the outcomes and achievements that the entire health systems produce and distribute-but at the public health level(Berman, 2010).
Key Components of the wider health care system
According to the WHO(2010), the key components of a solid-functioning health care system include:
• A medical products regulatory system for marketing authorization and safety monitoring, that is supported by the relevant legislation, regulatory boards, enforcement mechanisms, and access to a medical products quality control laboratory
• A national lists of essential standard medical products, national diagnostic and treatment protocols(including vaccines), and standardized equipment per levels of care, to guide procurement, reimbursement and training
• A supply and distribution system to ensure universal access to essential medical products, services and technologies through public and/or private channels, especially for the poor and disadvantaged
• A national medical products availability as well as medical and prescription and insurance price monitoring systems
• A national program to promote rational prescribing of pharmaceutical drugs(WHO, 2010).
Public Health Departments
As part of a broader health care system and its components, Public Health departments are influenced by, the interdependency, interconnectedness, ans collaboration that combines to form an integrative approach to protecting and promoting the health status of society. The dimensions of especially this enhanced, public health department, include but are not limited to: the scientific, moral, conceptual, political, and methodological, factors(Berman, 2010; Tulichinsky & Varavikova, 2010). This requires however, Joint forces, strong relationships , interconnectedness, interdependent communication, strong policies and leadership, and a supportive health care system that allows for an interdependency that can positively influence outcomes. Public health departments will never be able to efficiently provide balanced responses to the daily challenges, they face ; nor will they be able to make the most efficient use of their resources, without the support of the wider system of which it is a part of. (WHO, 2010).
At times, public health agencies are subject to powerful forces and influences that can sometimes override rational policy making(WHO, 2010) . Such forces include but are not limited to: fragmentation or confusion in a multiplicity of competing programs, projects, agencies, initiatives and institutions, as well as the commercialization of health care delivery in poorly regulated systems. To this end, listed below are essentials of the health care system that will help to ensure that public health systems stay on track , which requires a strong sense of direction, guidance, and coherent investment in the various building blocks of the wider health care system itself, so as to provide the kind of ...
A health service or a health organization is examined.
Asses value of branding in health care
Assess the value of branding in health care. Specifically, under what circumstances do you feel that it is beneficial for health care organizations to use branding? Can the use of branding have unexpected negative consequences? Explain.
1. Take a clear position on the central issues
2. Provide a scholarly basis for your response.
3. Justify your opinions with evidence from the peer-reviewed literature.
4. Cite several scholarly references in your essay.
5. Properly cite all references in the text of your essayView Full Posting Details