I am researching assisted living homes and considering how a strategic plan can be designed for 3 to 5 years or more years of usage. I need help with the following. Please include any references. This will be a large three home apartment type complex - one for men, one for women, and one for couples. Many amenities for the clients. It will be a luxury assisted Living Called Oro Valley Luxury Living.
• What are the organization's mission and vision? What are the organization's key values?
• What strategic planning model does your chosen organization currently use?
• Which theoretical framework, such as systems theory or change theory, does your chosen organization currently use?
• What is the role of your organization's mission, vision, and values in relationship to its strategic plan?
• What is the organizational structure of your chosen organization?
• Who are the current key leaders in your chosen organization?
• What change management model does your chosen organization use?
• How much involvement does the governing board have in implementing strategic goals?
• What are the organization's major service delivery and support activities in its value chain? At a minimum, include the following: Most of this part is already done.
o Location -Oro Valley
o Target market- medium to high income
o Programs and services-
o Clinical operations
o Organizational culture
o Organizational structure
o Strategic resources.... Need help on this one also
• How may the organization use its value chain to help implement its strategic plan?
Often the mission and vision statements are interchangeable. Some companies use one term while others use the other term. So, it's possible to find one and not the other. This statement usually represents the overall goal of the organization. One example I found for Brookdale Senior Living Solutions.... http://www.brookdaleliving.com/Mission.aspx
Mission Statement: Enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity.
They then list several values with definitions (Passion, Courage, Partnership, Trust)
Your goals and objectives should align with the mission statement and values.
Finding the strategic planning model of an existing facility is a little more difficult. You would almost need to talk to someone, unless they are a publicly-owned (for profit) facility and have an "investor relations" portion on their site. Sometimes you can find that type of information there. I'm not familiar with change theory, but I could see systems theory as being workable in this environment.
For the organizational structure, I'm not sure exactly what your instructor is looking for, but my guess would ...
This solution provides ideas for creating a strategic plan, specifically for opening an assisted living center. It discusses the importance of a mission or vision statement to align goals and objectives for creating a strategic plan.