Use the following outline to type an executive summary of each article.
1. The main idea of this article is ____________________________________.
2. The most important information in this article is _________________________.
(Figure out the facts, experiences, data the author is using to support the conclusions)
3. The main inferences/conclusions in this article are ________________________.
4. The strengths and weaknesses of the methods used are _____________________.
5. If we take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are _______________.
6. Full citation; (for example: Smith ED, Jones IM. The importance of research. J American Research. 2008; 23(3): 123-8.)
Here is a brief discussion related to your article about decaffeinated coffee and Parkinson's disease. Please be aware that I cannot complete your assignment for you, but I have included several points for each question that should help you along your way.
1. The main idea of this article is:
- do coffee and nicotine contain neuroprotective agents with regard to Parkinson's disease (PD)? If so, are the protective molecules simply caffeine and nicotine or is there potential benefit to drinking decaffeinated coffee and using nicotine free tobacco?
2. The most important information:
- epidemiological studies have previously indicated that coffee users and smokers have reduced risk of developing PD compared to the general population
- to determine if there are neuroprotective components found in coffee and tobacco, two drosophila models of PD were dosed and analyzed (specifically ...
Article summary outline guidance is modeled.