Select a curriculum to evaluate. The curriculum can be from your own classroom, organization, or course of study (including this course). There are also curricula available on the Internet that you may select.
Next, as a team, compose a report on your observations that includes the following:
Briefly describe the curriculum you selected
Describe the evaluation model you selected and why you selected it.
Explain why you either included or excluded evaluation items.
Evaluate the curriculum based on your selected model
Provide a reference section for works cited
There are many evaluation models referenced on the www. I am unclear what models have been discussed in your class. You might have better access to specific evaluation models that I don't know about here. But, I wanted to get something to you to help give you a jump-start.
Lisa Johnson, MSA, CHES
Earth Science, Literature and Language Arts Curriculum Evaluation
Science Standard: Science as Inquiry
Objective of Activity
1. The student will ask questions that he/she can answer by investigating
2. The student will plan and carry out an investigation
3. The student will use appropriate tools and equipment and safety procedures to collect data and solve problems
4. The student will prepare an answer that will communicate a summary of his/her investigations and interpret the work of other students
English Language Standards
Investigation - finding the answer to a question.
A. Know and apply the concepts, principles and processes of scientific inquiry
1. Describe an observed event
2. Collect data for investigations using measuring instruments and technologies
3. Record and store data using available technologies
4. Arrange data into logical patterns and describe the patterns.
Compare observations of individual and group results.
Standard 10. Ideas in Action
All students will apply knowledge, ideas, and issues drawn from texts to their lives and the lives of others.
Themes and issues explored in texts provide us with many ideas about the world, our communities, and our own place within them. Continued research and analysis of these themes enable us to enhance the skills needed to respond to the issues in our lives that concern and inspire us. It is critical that we use these skills to choose appropriate responses in areas that are important to us now in order to prepare for ...
Selecting an evaluation model is important when evaluating a school curriculum.