Thrive or Revive? The Kaiser Permanente "Thrive" Marketing Programs B5804 March 10 2014
Describe Pestel analysis (environmental influences on buying behaviors) for firms in the industry and the nation that you want to study based on your selected case study for that industry This is the macro environment not the micro or company factors. You should not include information about the firm here. Note each fact should be referenced.
Create a stakeholder analysis - looking at the impact of each (power and influence) and the impact of globalization on each stakeholder.
Competitive Positioning Maps are an important way to access the firm's competitive position as compared to the strength of competing firms. You may also use an analysis similar to the one found in exhibit 8.6 or 8.7 of Mullins and Walker. If there is insufficient information in the case you may use the internet to gather additional information.
1) In looking at the whole environment assess the key factors using a Porter's Five force analysis (see Lehmann and Winer) and mini-lectures in this module
2) Then apply the Pestel factors from question 1in order to identify the support for the industry (Porter's diamond model) by the nation and the relevant market boundaries (or what factor causes a customer to prefer one competitor over the other) http://www.westga.edu/~bquest/1997/ecnmkt.html
In other words: from the competitive analysis create the porter five force model, and based on the Pestel analysis - create the Porter's diamond model analysis for the industry. When analyzing the demand conditions include the relevant market boundaries based on your Pestel analysis.
Hope you are well.
Describe Pestel analysis (environmental influences on buying behaviors) for firms in the industry and the nation that you want to study based on your selected case study for that industry. This is the macro environment not the micro or company factors. You should not include information about the firm here. Note each fact should be referenced.
Consider the four main areas in PESTEL analysis dealing with political, economic, sociocultural factors, and technological factors in delivering the main concept within a targeted marketplace as well as society. Thus, the environmental influences can influence Kaiser in the following aspect for:
a) Political Factors - hone on the legality in conducting business, as in, the pharmaceutical business restrictions in selling related healthcare services (1) Kaiser Foundation Health Plans (2) Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (3) Regional Permanente Medical Groups -- (try and think of the restrictions in state laws that could possible cause delays by / in (a.1) expansion in the business enterprise (b.2) services allowable to certain demographics due to high cost impacting the government budget on low income levels citizens (c.3) the contracts with any subcontractors in managing Kaiser operations initiatives that can prolong reaching business continuity).
b) Economic factors - aim in the research on pricing health plans within certain income ...
This solution provides a review into marketing strategies that deliver effective analysis for implementation within the marketplace.
Sun Micro Systems Strategy Implementation
I understand you can't do the work for me, but can you give me guidance on SFAS, IFAS and EFAS tables for Sun.com and guide me to strategic alternatives and recommendations.
Research the Sun Micro Systems site (http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/investor/rss/index.jsp).
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, and any additional resources necessary, you are being asked to complete the following sections of a Strategic Audit (See examples starting on page 78 and pages 179-185 following appendix 11.C):
1. Analysis of Strategic Factors. Since you are aware that your analysis of strategic factors or SFAS (Strategic Factor Analysis Summary) is based on IFAS and EFAS tables, and since we will need to understand your choices, you are required to submit the three tables in Excel format in one separate file from your written Word assignment. No submission of an Excel file or submission of a table in a Word file will cause you to lose half of the points of this assignment. No comments are needed on the IFAS and the EFAS tables, but comments are needed on the SFAS table, which is the foundation for this assignment (You will submit one Excel file that will include three separate sheets, one for the IFAS, one for the EFAS and one for the SFAS). As a reminder, two files are to be submitted: One Excel file (counting for three pages) and one Word file (five to seven pages double-spaced). You will be graded on your knowledge of the software and math in building the MS Excel tables, and on your ability to communicate in writing and present your arguments.
2. Strategic Alternatives and Recommended Strategy Here you will be graded on your ability to analyze economic, socio-cultural, political-legal, technological, and financial data to justify your available strategies and the one(s) you recommend.
3. Implementation: Describe the implementation of the strategy(ies) you recommended.
4. Evaluation and Control How do you evaluate the performance of your implemented strategy(ies)? For a sample outline of a Strategic Audit, review examples starting on page 78 and appendix 11.C.View Full Posting Details