Globalization is transforming the way some products are marketed internationally. Some companies implement a global strategy that uses similar promotional messages and themes to market the same product around the world. Those companies can reduce production and marketing costs by standardizing the physical features of their products and marketing strategies. Others find that their products require physical changes to suit the tastes of consumers abroad. Consumers in different national markets demand products that reflect their tastes; cultural, political, legal, and economic environments affect consumer preferences and industrial buyers worldwide. Certain products do appeal to practically all cultures. Product standardization is more likely when nations share the same level of economic development.
Select three big mainstream products such as energy drinks, clothing, or shoes. For the products you select, respond to the following:
- Outline the marketing and product development techniques for each product.
- Discuss the differences between the marketing and developing techniques for the three products.
- Discuss the impact of laws and regulations, cultural differences, and push and pull strategies on the marketing and product development of the three products.
Hope you are well.
Outline the marketing and product development techniques for each product.
Consider the marketing product of soft drinks, as in, Coca-Cola large product line catered to certain demographics within the global marketplace. The popular soft drink is redesigned in a way that appeals to the targeted consumer from China to South America in gauging consumer preferences straight forward manner. The product development is key towards reinforcing consumer preferences in taste as well as advertising messages. Companies must adhere towards following respectful branding messages that highlight cultural awareness to citizens overall cultural awareness. Thus, the aim is to think on the core elements in marketing and product development techniques on products that serves the consumer directly, i.e.:
a) Soft drinks - the natural components to making up the product that highlights consumer's preferences on clean water or religious beliefs on manufacturing the product.
b) Snacks - the inclusion of certain herbs that ...
The review into product marketing for businesses seeking towards entering global marketplace in successfully increasing brand dominance.
Sun Micro Systems Strategy Implementation
I understand you can't do the work for me, but can you give me guidance on SFAS, IFAS and EFAS tables for Sun.com and guide me to strategic alternatives and recommendations.
Research the Sun Micro Systems site (http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/investor/rss/index.jsp).
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, and any additional resources necessary, you are being asked to complete the following sections of a Strategic Audit (See examples starting on page 78 and pages 179-185 following appendix 11.C):
1. Analysis of Strategic Factors. Since you are aware that your analysis of strategic factors or SFAS (Strategic Factor Analysis Summary) is based on IFAS and EFAS tables, and since we will need to understand your choices, you are required to submit the three tables in Excel format in one separate file from your written Word assignment. No submission of an Excel file or submission of a table in a Word file will cause you to lose half of the points of this assignment. No comments are needed on the IFAS and the EFAS tables, but comments are needed on the SFAS table, which is the foundation for this assignment (You will submit one Excel file that will include three separate sheets, one for the IFAS, one for the EFAS and one for the SFAS). As a reminder, two files are to be submitted: One Excel file (counting for three pages) and one Word file (five to seven pages double-spaced). You will be graded on your knowledge of the software and math in building the MS Excel tables, and on your ability to communicate in writing and present your arguments.
2. Strategic Alternatives and Recommended Strategy Here you will be graded on your ability to analyze economic, socio-cultural, political-legal, technological, and financial data to justify your available strategies and the one(s) you recommend.
3. Implementation: Describe the implementation of the strategy(ies) you recommended.
4. Evaluation and Control How do you evaluate the performance of your implemented strategy(ies)? For a sample outline of a Strategic Audit, review examples starting on page 78 and appendix 11.C.View Full Posting Details