Directions: Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be a minimum of one (1) single-spaced page to a maximum of two (2) pages in length; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.
Case 11: harleydavidson.com and the Global Motorcycle Industry
This case discusses the success of Harley-Davidson and reviews its global position in 1998. It discusses the company's initiatives that continued a thirteen-year record of growth in revenues and earnings. The company had a phenomenal 74 percent increase in the value of the firm in 1998 alone. It offers market share and sales information for global competitors in three regions, North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific, and briefly discusses the product offerings of competitors including BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha.
The case has been kept relatively short since the Web sites for Harley and its competitors contain abundant additional information. The major objective of the case is to get you to visit these Web sites, compare them, and evaluate them as strategic marketing tools
1. Why is the Internet a particularly good promotion medium for Harley-Davidson? Discuss at least three (3) reasons.
2. What different roles could Harley-Davidson's Web site play for Harley owners, for people shopping for a motorcycle, and for people just interested in motorcycles in general?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:27 am ad1c9bdddf
Harley Davidson has done an exceptional job using the internet as a way to reach their target market and to increase their sales by being present in their customers lives thorough the internet. One way that HD has used the internet to their advantage is through social media. HD has millions of followers between their FaceBook page, twitter account, and my space account. They use these social media avenues to connect their with their customers, and to get people talking about HDs. This type of marketing has allowed them to keep people interested in ...
The expert examines Harley Davidson Promotions.
Strategic Marketing - Graduate Level
(1) Briefly describe Harley Davidson's traditional targeting and positioning strategy. Do NOT include definitions of target market, positioning or segmentation. Do NOT quote or paraphrase from the Harley Davidson website. H-D's history, founding date and mission are not relevant: just answer the questions here.
(2) How does Harley have to change its targeting and positioning strategies to reach women? Give some examples from the article and make at least 2 suggestions of your own. For instance, what TV shows and magazines might Harley choose for advertising? Why? What 'women's' magazines might be appropriate?
(3) If Harley aggressively targets women, should the company experience a backlash from 'males' and from its current buyers?
(4) A ballet company once teamed up with Harley for a promotion. Harley was a sponsor because the company found that demographics (and some psychographics) for Harley buyers were actually quite similar to those of ballet patrons. Are you be surprised? Why or why not?View Full Posting Details