- 2 USA products or services that are not yet being sold in 2 countries of your choice without adapting its marketing strategy including product, brand and customer management
- 2 USA products or services that are not yet sold in 2 countries of your choice but needed to be adapted.
Taco Bell, most recently famous for their stunningly successful Doritos Loco Tacos, is not currently operating in Afghanistan or South Africa. Doritos Locos Tacos is a great product that could be introduced in either of these countries. In Afghanistan, the product/restaurant could be situated at armed force bases, offering our service people a taste sensation. By getting the military to buy the product while overseas, they are likely to visit Taco Bell at home to continue to enjoy Doritos Loco Tacos. South Africa has a growing middle class, where more and more households are both working so there is a larger demand for fast food (Kew, 2013). McDonalds and Burger King both operate in the country. The marketing strategy for the product brand and customer management could remain unchanged, in both of these countries since the "American-Mexican-taste sensation" marketing campaign is likely to appeal to both service members serving in Afghanistan and South African consumers. In addition, South Africa represents a "springboard into Africa" (Kew, 2013), thus allowing the brand to become ...
This solution discusses two US products or services not yet being sold in other countries without adapting their marketing strategy and two US products not currently sold but could be sold internationally, with adaptations.
New Products, Foreign Markets, and Market Segmentation
1. New product development: What is the most important thing to consider in new product development? Why? Why is it necessary to evaluate the new product idea at each and every stage of the development process? How can marketers best promote consumer adoption of a new product?
2. Foreign markets: What are some factors companies need to consider before attempting to enter foreign markets? If you were to set up a market program for a product in a foreign country, what should you take into consideration? What advertising strategy would you develop for the promotion of a new product. What are some things you should consider?
3. Differentiate brand extension from line extension Please identify a recent (1) brand extension and (2) line extension that you have seen and discuss the effectiveness of that brand. How could you maximize the odds of creating that effectiveness for each extension as a marketer?
4. Please choose an organization: e.g. Apple, Microsoft, Nike, etc. and discuss the market segmentation within that industry. Also discuss the target market of the selected company and the selection process for that target market. Please include the following:
- demographics, psychographic, geographic, behavioural characteristics for the target market for the selected company
- a positioning statement for the company with careful consideration of their brand and strategy
- demonstration of understanding of market segmentation for the selected company
- apply an understanding of customer behaviour to determine target market
- demonstrate an understanding alignment between company strategy and marketing decisions.