I need to revamp the new employee training for our call center customer service representatives of an investment management firm and need to establish the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make this an effective training program?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 24, 2018, 5:15 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/human-resources-management/43130
Please see attached response (Aslo presented below) and some interesting articles that you might find helpful. I included two illustrative examples of training programs and although they are not specifically for "call center customer service representatives of an investment management firm" they contain the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make an effective training program. I hope this helps and take care.
Q1: Establish the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make this an effective training program I need to revamp the new employee training for our call center customer service representatives of an investment management firm and need to establish the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make this an effective training program?
All training programs address some basic, but essential considerations:
1. Be designed to meet your group's individual needs (i.e., what do the new employee's need to know in order for the training program to be a success- SEE EXAMPLE BELOW).
2. Stimulate imagination and creative thinking in your participants (i.e., how can you develop a program and objectives that are stimulating and creative?)
3. Learning objectives that keep the needs of your participants in mind (i.e., what specific objectives will meet the identified needs of the new employees and he organization in #1).
4. Organize and present your material in a way that conveys all the necessary information yet keeps your audience interested.
Thus, the essential components of an effective training program are these:
1. Determine and write objectives based on the needs of the organization and new employees (i.e., what does the new employee need to know?).
2. Understand and apply the principles of good program design and development to the information you need to convey (i.e., ice breakers, lecture -format and/or group involvement, etc see examples below.)
3. Determine the technique that is best for you to use in presenting each segment of your information, and select appropriate visual aids to support your points.
4. Evaluation and employee discussion and feedback.
Let's look at one example of a new employee orientation-training program to see the essential components and considerations that are included in the training program (you could use this a basic exemplar and insert your program specific content and objective specific to a service call representative):
Subject: New Employee Orientation Program
Purpose: Facilitates a sense of direction, purpose, and commitment for new Reclamation employees.
Authority: Code of Federal Regulations (5 CFR 410); U.S. Code Title 5, Chapter 41; and Department of the Interior (DOI) Personnel Bulletin No. 2000-1 (410).
Contact: Reclamation Program Group, D-4200
1. Purpose. Effective March 1, 2000, all Reclamation regional offices, the Reclamation Service Center (RSC), and the Washington Office (WO) are required to provide a comprehensive employee orientation and acculturation training program for new employees. The orientation training will be completed within 1 year of appointment and ensure that all requirements of the Department of the Interior's personnel bulletin referenced above are met. Depending on the number of new employees, the training should be scheduled at least once a year to meet the minimum requirement.
A. This orientation training will provide the employee:
o a welcome and orientation to the organization
o an education about Reclamation, the Department, and the Federal Government
o an overview of employee programs and benefits
B. The orientation program will assist the organization by advancing Reclamation's organizational effectiveness (Mission Goal
3 of Reclamation's Strategic Plan). It will accomplish this by:
o developing and facilitating retention of a skilled, innovative, and diverse workforce
o enhancing customer service and strengthening business practices
2. Scope. This policy applies to all new permanent Reclamation (you would change this to call representative employee for example) employees. Other Reclamation employees may also participate in orientation activities as time and resources allow.
3. Responsibilities. The organization's ...
This solution explains an effective employee training program through illustrative example, supplemented with two excellent articles. Specifically, it establishes the essential components and/or considerations necessary to make this an effective training program.