E-commerce is the trend that most companies are going toward now a days. You are to select one business that does not already employ e-commerce and develop an Internet strategy for it. Most of the big corporations already use the Internet for business so you may have to think of something on a smaller scale, for example a local bike store by your house. Use the Internet and the library to research and analyze markets and competitors.
After selecting a business, you will need to answer the following questions:
1. What Internet business model would be appropriate for the company to follow in creating a website and why?
2. In what ways can the company benefit from a website? What functions should it perform for the company (i.e., marketing, sales, customer support, internal communications, etc.)?
3. In what other ways might the company use the Internet for its own benefit?
4. Prepare functional specifications for the company's use of the Web and the Internet. Include links to and from other sites in your design.
5. Provide a list of technological specifications for the implementation.
1. In this section, we attempt to analyze the Internet Business model. This Internet Business model is described here specifically for a grocery shop. The use of Internet in terms of how it can be used and can become beneficial in small sector business is also described.
Internet Business model:
In this paper, a grocery store, which is a small sector business, is selected. Firstly, this business has been started as a home-based business. It is well known that the grocery business is a small sector business and the earnings of this business are mainly gained from sales to local customers. These local customers can be from the community, a related society or from the areas nearby. Thus, at the initial level there is no use of Internet. As the business expands, the need for Internet arises for the business growth.
The Internet business model appropriate for the company to follow in creating a website is e-shop. This e-shop can be used by the grocery business company to market its product. It also helps customers to shop for the products of grocery. Business to Customers (B2C) segment is an important segment. Virtual communities systems can be used for this B2C segment. There are several primary things available at the grocery store. These primary things can be cosmetics or edible things. Thus, the customers who frequently visit grocery stores can generate their account with the company website. They can belong to various communities also, as per their choice of bakery items. Thus, it is a model used for e-marketing of the goods. Several services provided by the grocery shop to its customers, such as eatable things, all spices used in the kitchen, etc., can be easily served with the use of the value chain integrator of the Internet.
2. In this section, several ways have been described through which a company can get the benefit by using a website. The uses of this website have also been discussed here. Various functions of the website those are concerned with marketing, sales, customer support, internal communication etc. have been described here.
There are several ways which the company can benefit from a website. It is well known that this is an era of Internet. The use of Internet is cheaper than other sources. Profit is earned by selling the products of the shop, especially for a grocery ...
The solution provides 1512 words with references which analyze the appropriate Internet business model, describes how a company benefits from using a website and the Internet, and relays the functional and technological specifications for the company's use of the Web and the Internet.