E-commerce is the trend that most companies are going toward. You are to select one business that does not already employ e-commerce and develop an Internet strategy for it. Most of the big corporations already use the Internet for business so you may have to think of something on a smaller scale, for example, a local bike store by your house. Use the Internet and the library to research and analyze markets and competitors.
Selected business: Angidynamics
1. What Internet business model would be appropriate for the company to follow in creating a Web site and why?
2. In what ways can the company benefit from a Web site? What functions should it perform for the company (i.e., marketing, sales, customer support, internal communications, etc.)?
3. In what other ways might the company use the Internet for its own benefit?
4. Prepare functional specifications for the company's use of the Web and the Internet. Include links to and from other sites in your design.
5. Prepare a list of technological specifications for implementation (i.e., what hardware and software are necessary to support your design)?
Angidynamics is a company that deals with the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of various diagnostic and therapeutic devices that create an enabling environment for physicians to effectively treat peripheral vascular disease, tumors and other non coronary ailments with minimal invasive treatment (AngioDynamics, 2011). Though Angidyanmics has a website it does not employ e-commerce in its business activities. This paper aims to present an E-commerce model and internet strategies for AngioDynamics.
Appropriate internet business model
The most appropriate business model for this company is the web business model based on product sales. This is because they are selling physical shippable products. This model can sell the products through storefront model in the companies website or through Brokerage model where the company being a member of GHX, an online integrative platform of over 5000 medical and surgical supplier companies, can be able to effectively exploit the B2B platforms and resources of GHX to enhance its ecommerce (GHX, 2011; GHX, 2010). This internet business model is appropriate as the company already has a full functioning website and only needs and ecommerce functionality storefront to be integrated.
Ways in which the company can benefit from a website:
The company can benefit from a website by expanding its presence to global levels, allowing it to sell goods 24 hours a day seven days a week, improving access to information, cutting costs of marketing, improving efficiency, bringing products closer to the consumer, helps a business find new business opportunities, enhances closer ties between employees and the business and improves communication within and out of the business and between the business and various important stakeholders. It can use the website to showcase the products on the offer and market its products. Through its website, AngioDynamics can engineer a varied number of online marketing and ...
The following problem discusses a company's e-commerce internet strategy.