Perform an internal, competitive environmental scan for your organization.
Write a summary of no more than 1,400 words that does the following:
1. Identifies and analyzes the most important external environmental factor in the remote, industry, and external operating environments
2. Identifies and analyzes the most important internal strengths and weaknesses of your organization: Include an assessment of the organization's resources.
3. Assesses the organization's competitive position and possibilities
Format paper consistent with APA guidelines© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:45 am ad1c9bdddf
Hope you are well.
The competitive environment for Barnes-n-Noble entails consistency in redefining the brand that can adapt to the current industry trends. By defining both the internal and external environments associated with the Barnes-n-Noble, the strategic approach is more defined on identifying strengths and weaknesses.
Let's take a look at Barnes-n-Noble external environment factor relating to remote, industry, and external operation environments.
Barnes-n-Noble remote environment directs the available towards disposable income from the targeted demographic audience. In recent years, the current industry trends entails more targeted consumers using online purchasing to satisfy their direct needs for books, CDs, or specialty products. Thus, the economic impact on opportunity of consumers able to spend correlates to how Barnes-n-Noble pricing strategy on products selling. Moreover, the Barnes-n-Noble operations are directly impacted on expanding on newer products technology if the remote indicators of growth stagnate on increasing consumers.
Furthermore, the existing of output of products making a leeway towards increasing the consumer share that consumers are more adapt to choosing Barnes-n-Noble over competitors impacts the remote environment. Within the Barnes-n-Noble remote environment analysis, the identifiers show that the growing demographic continues in diversification. In which, the new products entry into the market continue to increasing the Barnes-n-Noble brand identity within the college and older demographic (BNInc.com 2011). Barnes-n-Nobles, thereby, the last few years adapting to newer technology for purchasing books and specialty products with the "Nook Book" and distribution channels partnerships that provides a cheaper way of purchasing for options (BNInc.com 2011). In doing so the Barnes-n-Noble is more than able to adapting to the remote environment ...
The expert examines the external and internal environmental analysis for Barnes and Noble.
SWOT Analysis of Barnes and Nobel
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, write responses to each of the following:
1. What is your impression of the operation of Barnes and Noble?
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of Barnes and Nobel.
3. Does Barnes and Noble have a competitive advantage and/or a competitive strategy? Justify your answer.
4. Choose one Barnes and Noble product. Describe the components of this product value chain.
5. What strategic alternatives are open to Barnes and Noble? Explain and justify your answer.View Full Posting Details