In this lab, you will be observing the impact of mineral nitrogen fertilizer usage on maize's crop yield, which is measured in milligrams of dry mass harvested per 100 acres (1 hectare) during a 1-year period. Use the animation to help you come up with an answer to the following:
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and animation to complete your report. Use the Lab 1 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection.
Both arable and nonarable land have been chosen as the experimental cultivation sites near the city of Melle, Germany, where the yield of maize was observed from 1990 through 1998. The climate variations have also been carefully recorded on equally sized lots of both types of land.Part 1: Using the lab animation, fill in the following data tables to help you generate your hypothesis, outcomes, and analysis:
Part 2: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results, and if the outcome was as expected.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and number, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
When your lab report is complete, post it in Submitted Assignment files.
The scientific method purposes are provided. Laboratory investigate hypothesis are examined.