Compare and contrast the Laocoon Group (1st Century, CE) to Marcus Agrippa with Imperial Family (South fieze from the Ara Pacis, 13-9 CE).
Here are some questions to aid your ideas:
What is the FORM of the work?
- Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
- What materials are used?
- What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
- What colors are used?
- Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
- If so, what is literally depicted?
- Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
Beyond the Piece
- What does it mean or represent?
- What is the artist's message?
- Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
- What is the context of the artwork?
- What is the function of the artwork?
- What is the religious, philosophical and/or historical significance?
- What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
The Laocoon Group (1st Century, CE), and Marcus Agrippa with Imperial Family (South frieze from the Ara Pacis, 13-9 CE) are first described, then compared and contrasted in detailed bullet points with 749 words and 2 references linked.