Compare and contrast the Laocoon Group (1st Century, CE) to Marcus Agrippa with Imperial Family (South fieze from the Ara Pacis, 13-9 CE).
Here are some questions to aid your ideas:
What is the FORM of the work?
- Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
- What materials are used?
- What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
- What colors are used?
- Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
- If so, what is literally depicted?
- Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
Beyond the Piece
- What does it mean or represent?
- What is the artist's message?
- Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
- What is the context of the artwork?
- What is the function of the artwork?
- What is the religious, philosophical and/or historical significance?
- What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
The Laocoon Group (1st Century, CE), and Marcus Agrippa with Imperial Family (South frieze from the Ara Pacis, 13-9 CE) are first described, then compared and contrasted in detailed bullet points with 749 words and 2 references linked.
Ancient Art types are emphasized.
This posting assesses a Greek work of art and one Roman work.
This posting addresses this task:
From the list below, choose one Greek work of art and one Roman work of art and compare and contrast them according to the criteria listed:
Greek Art Roman Art
"Doryphoros" Augustus of Primaporta
The Laocoon Group Bust of a Roman
Nike of Samothrace She-Wolf
Temple of Athena The Colosseum
Parthenon Arch of the Constantine
Answer the following list of questions in a comparative essay to evaluate your choices.
What is the FORM of the work (the overall structure including line, shape, texture, value, color and balance)?
What is the SUBJECT MATTER (what is literally depicted)?
What is the CONTENT (what is the religious, philosophical and/or historical significance)?
cite your sources pleaseView Full Posting Details