Using the attached information, I have to discuss a priori (data collection category definition before collection) and post hoc (data collection category definition after collection) as they relate to analysis of a population sample. Is one method preferable? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:53 pm ad1c9bdddf
I want to first take a step back and look at how an experiment is defined.
Normally, you have a large population of people. You would then randomly selection people from this population and assign them to either the control group or experimental group. Let's look at an example.
You want to research if having music play while your study will affect grades.
The entire population would be all of the students in a given university. You would then randomly select students in all different classes, topics, levels, backgrounds and randomly assign them to one of two groups = half will listen to music while they study, and half will study in silence. You then have them write their exams, and you look at the results to see if music affects grades.
Here, every single person in the sample will have a chance of getting into either group due to randomization. Therefore each group should be equal in its composition - there should be similar number of people with good grades and poor grades, similar people in year 1 as in year 3... The chance of errors in the results are less since we can assume that both groups are similar in nature, and ...
Detailed explanation of problem.
New Products, Foreign Markets, and Market Segmentation
1. New product development: What is the most important thing to consider in new product development? Why? Why is it necessary to evaluate the new product idea at each and every stage of the development process? How can marketers best promote consumer adoption of a new product?
2. Foreign markets: What are some factors companies need to consider before attempting to enter foreign markets? If you were to set up a market program for a product in a foreign country, what should you take into consideration? What advertising strategy would you develop for the promotion of a new product. What are some things you should consider?
3. Differentiate brand extension from line extension Please identify a recent (1) brand extension and (2) line extension that you have seen and discuss the effectiveness of that brand. How could you maximize the odds of creating that effectiveness for each extension as a marketer?
4. Please choose an organization: e.g. Apple, Microsoft, Nike, etc. and discuss the market segmentation within that industry. Also discuss the target market of the selected company and the selection process for that target market. Please include the following:
- demographics, psychographic, geographic, behavioural characteristics for the target market for the selected company
- a positioning statement for the company with careful consideration of their brand and strategy
- demonstration of understanding of market segmentation for the selected company
- apply an understanding of customer behaviour to determine target market
- demonstrate an understanding alignment between company strategy and marketing decisions.