In the Fortenberry text (Table 14-1 on pages 103 to 104) please use at least two of the segmentation variables in chapter 14 to segment the market for a particular product or service at the Kaiser Permanente organization.
Please discuss why you chose the segmentation variables you did and discuss the outcome of your analysis. In addition, please discuss a marketing tactic that illustrates how a marketer might manipulate the marketing mix. Discuss what strategy might be the driver behind your chosen tactic. Four pages is a suggested benchmark for the length of this assignment.
Fortenberry Chapter 14 segmentation variables Link: http://books.google.com/books?id=RPJxcCcJ8KMC&pg=PA101&lpg=PA101&dq=Fortenberry:+Chapter+14+segmentation&source=bl&ots=kqyVr2VLkB&sig=fQ6VAtImjDQHyA1NZyaWZst_E4Q&hl=en&sa=X&ei=emY2T9vIDqvE2QXl8q30AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 24, 2018, 5:51 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/marketing-strategy/kaiser-permanente-segmentation-457030
Kaiser Permanente is a healthcare; the hospital, the caregiver and the pharmacy. It is a not-for-profit entity and among the largest integrated health care systems in the US. Its health plan covers 8.8 million people; most of them belong to California.
Kaiser has many health plans and health care services for the people. Besides health plans, they offer services in cosmetic surgery and skin treatment too. We will discuss demographic and psychographic segmentation variables for the cosmetic surgery service of Kaiser Permanente.
Demographic variables: Cosmetic surgery Services
Demographic variables divide the market into specific groups according to age, gender, family size, income, occupation, religion, education, nationality or race. This is the most popular basis for segmenting customer bases into groups, because it is the easiest and widely used segmentation method. Let's discuss demographic variables in detail:
1. Age : Kaiser Permanente is targeting people between 20-50 years of age, people who are in 20's go for cosmetic surgery to enhance their looks and beauty, and people who are in 40 & 50's opt these services to maintain their skin and beauty.
2. Gender: Kaiser is mainly targeting women for cosmetic surgery but they have little focus on male too. They provide services to men also.
3. Income: Kaiser is generally targeting rich and working people for these services as these services are expensive; people who can afford these services.
4. Education: Kaiser is targeting educated people for these services; people who understand the value of the services.
5. Generation: Generation Y; ...
Kaiser permanente segmentation are examined.