- Provide a brief introduction that includes the program's title, describes the type of program, and explains which social theme you are addressing.
- Describe and explain scenes that apply to the social theme.
- Identify all observed body language, facial expressions, gestures, posture stances, modes of dress, nonverbal cues, symbols, and any other observed nonverbal forms of communication in the scenes.
- Explain your interpretation of the meanings of the identified nonverbal communications and symbolism.
- Summarize how these interpretations are important to the sociological understanding of your chosen social inequality or social class theme.
- Suggest how your interpretation of the respective meanings might be generalized to society as a whole.
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the key points in your analysis.
I have chosen a familiar TV show below to show you how this problem can be answered. I followed the outline I have suggested here. It should get you started. If you have any questions, just let me know via the feedback section. You can also use the listed resources for further exploration of the topic.
TV Show on Review: Nikita
The TV Show Nikita (2010) is a continuing TV series on the CW. It stars Maggie Q. in the title role of Nikita, a rouge CIA operative from the black-ops agency known only as division. Nikita, just like the rest of Division's recruits were society's throw-aways: young, exceptionally talented and gifted, yet living lives without directions. They were recruited from jails and then brainwashed and trained to be deadly assassins by Division who carry out all the rogue, unorthodox, unconstitutional and often criminal tasks that must be done for America without America knowing about it. Division is operated by corrupt leader Percy who answers to a cabal of politicians who funds Division for their own political & commercial ends. Nikita finds out that ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advice in putting together the task (see above) on the topic of non-verbal and symbolic behavior. Using the list of the tasks, the solution exemplifies how it can be done by applying it to the popular TV program 'Nikita' from the CW Network. Resources are listed for the purpose of expansion. A word document version is also attached.