Locate the interrogation notes of Lee Harvey Oswald and the manual found in the possession of a supporter of Osama bin Laden Military Studies in the Jihad Against the Tyrants.
Provide a 50-75 word response to each of these questions:
1. Should the documents you found on The Smoking Gun Website be made available to the public?
2. What possible dangers accompany the dissemination of this information? What possible dangers accompany censorship?
3. What concerns about copycat crime are raised by the publication of this type of information?
As your post requested, I created a concise and limited answer to your inquiries. If you have any questions on this solution, feel free to ask me about them.
Media, Crime & Violence
Lee Harvey Oswald Interrogation Notes: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/jfk2/lhonotes3.html
Bin Laden's Terrorism Bible: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jihadmanual.html
1. Smoking Gun Documents: OK for Public Availability?
- While it is phenomenal to have such access via the smoking gun website, and while I truly appreciate what I have learned from the compiled evidence that are presented in the website's archive, my concern is that what if through this, copycat criminals & radical terrorists find inspiration to recreate ...
The solution is a concise discussion of the interplay of media, crime & violence in recent society. It examines the interrogation notes of Lee harvey oswald & the Jihad manual of osama Bin Laden & discusses the pros & cons of the availability of the documents & related information to the public, their impact & the dangers they present as well as concerns over copycat crimes. Above all, it tackles the notion of censorship & responsible journalism.