Cognitive Memory Models/Social sychologists describe social cognitive memory models as the internal, mental system for identifying and remembering stimuli. Although there are a number of social cognitive memory models, the focus in this discussion is the distinction between the schema, prototype and exemplar models. A schema may be defined as a cognitive structure that represents knowledge about a concept or type of stimulus, including its attributes and the relations among those attributes' (Fiske, 2000, p, 158). In addition to schema, social cognitive memory models propose the use of prototypes and exemplars. Think about how prototype and exemplar cognitive memory models account for what you remember occurring in the media.
- A description of what you remember occurring in the media.
- Explain one way the prototype model, one way the schema model, and one way the exemplar model may have informed your memory of the events in the media.
- Explain which model (prototype, schema, or exemplar) most likely influenced your memory of this media. Use the current literature and Learning Resources to support your answer.
- Explain one way you might use one of these models in your future role as a practitioner.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. It would be best to simplify your answers. I suggest using this simple outline:
1. A memory from any media (I suggest the news) - 100 words
2. Influence of each model in terms of memory/recall - 200 words
3. Influential model - 100 words
At 400 words, this should cover what you need. You can use the listed resources to further explore the topic. A feedback from you would be much appreciated so as to further improve this solution. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
The first thing I do in the morning is reach for my Smartphone to turn off my alarm and then check the CNN app for the latest news. I would then proceed to get ready and at breakfast I would turn on the TV in the kitchen to watch the morning show. Sometimes I would peruse the morning paper to look for the latest local news and information of interest. Today, when I opened the CNN app I was confronted with an image of the North Korean Leader, Kim Jung Un. There were a series of articles that featured the successful launch of the hermit country's first satellite into orbit via its rocket program that has for decades failed time and again in terms of successful launch and deployment. The article by CNN writes about why the world is wary about the launch as it signifies technological achievement on the part of ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) of discussing the concept of schema via a representation of a topic or information derive from the media and their relevance to a psychologist-practitioner. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.