Four recommendations for improving the workplace issues and descriptions are given.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 7:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) Teaching employees how to appropriately talk with each other.
2) The ability to manage conflicting goals and methods within a limited resource environment.
3) An investment in educating employees in effective communication and conflict resolution skills is a gift that keeps on giving.
4) Addressing the specific problem that is the subject of the conflict.
Common Sources of Conflict
1. Unclear definition of responsibility ? there will be numerous occasions for conflict to arise over decisions made or actions taken in disputed territory.
2. Limited resources ? time, money, space, materials, supplies, and equipment are all valuable resources. Competition for any of these resources will inevitably lead to interpersonal and interdepartmental conflict.
3. Conflict of interest ? individuals may fight for their personal goals and lose sight of organizational goals. Each individual needs to know how his or her personal goals and efforts fit within the organizational goals and efforts.
It is all about conflict, a normal and natural part of our workplace and personal lives. Conflict can be helpful in making necessary changes within the home or work environment. However, unresolved conflict can result in feelings of dissatisfaction, unhappiness, hopelessness, depression, and other emotions. It can result in behaviors such as physical or emotional withdrawal, resignation from jobs, dissolution of personal relations, aggression, and even violence.
Communication is both the cause of and the remedy for conflict. Understanding how to effectively communicate, and how to satisfactorily resolve disputes, can lead to a happier, more productive life. Communication and conflict resolution skills must be learned. Most often, poor communication and conflict resolution styles must be corrected and replaced with approaches that are more conducive to creating peace in the workplace and at home.
The workplace setting is fertile breeding ground for conflicts because of the dynamics and ...
This job offers ideas for workplace issues.
Legal & Ethical Issues Within Workplace
Take an in-depth look at a legal/ethical issue or situation relating to current, previous, or a potential future work environment(s) for the individual.
Provide guidance utilizing the following points below, relating to a current/previous/or future work environment:
- Evidence of understanding of the issue/situation in relationship to business, government and society.
- An understanding of current ethical issues, sources of ethical behavior, legal viewpoints in relation to the issue/situation being examined.
- Suggestions/ideas for corrective action pertaining to the issue/situation.