What are some factors that add to workplace stress? How can these be addressed? How can addressing workplace stress with employees enhance performance?
Why are some people more affected by stress than others? How have you seen this in the workplace?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:19 am ad1c9bdddf
What are some factors that add to workplace stress?
The factors are many and usually are caused by various known stressors, though others are personal to individuals. Work related stressors can include, change, lack of communication, uncertainty, rumours, conflicts, lack of cooperation between management and employees, issues of culture, lack of training, lack of knowledge, lack of respect, lack of control on job.
How can these be addressed?
Most of these can be addressed through communication. When change occurs, for example, communication helps people understand what is happening, why it is happening, and how it affects individuals. For problems such as conflict, issues of culture, and lack of respect, these can be perspective based and communication or a process for resolving conflicts and interpersonal issues can go far in relieving stress. Just knowing there is a process can help some people gain better perspective. As jobs change, companies should be aware of its effect on employees and work to mitigate those stressors such ...
A discussion on workplace stress using the supplied questions as a guide for responses.
Workplace Stress and Violence
Reports of violence in the workplace and stress-related injury or illness have become nearly commonplace in recent years. In this assignment, not only you will analyze factors that contribute to stress and violence in the workplace, but you will also analyze the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
A paper of 1,250-1,500 words analyzes factors contributing to workplace stress and violence. Include the following in your analysis:
• A description of factors contributing to employee stress in the workplace
• A description of factors contributing to violence in the workplace
• A description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
• A thorough and insightful description of factors contributing to employee stress is presented.
• A thorough and insightful description of factors contributing to workplace violence is presented.
• A thorough and insightful description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers is presented.