Reports of violence in the workplace and stress-related injury or illness have become nearly commonplace in recent years. In this assignment, not only you will analyze factors that contribute to stress and violence in the workplace, but you will also analyze the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
A paper of 1,250-1,500 words analyzes factors contributing to workplace stress and violence. Include the following in your analysis:
• A description of factors contributing to employee stress in the workplace
• A description of factors contributing to violence in the workplace
• A description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
• A thorough and insightful description of factors contributing to employee stress is presented.
• A thorough and insightful description of factors contributing to workplace violence is presented.
• A thorough and insightful description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers is presented.
As always, it is my pleasure to assist you today with some notes related to a few aspects of Stress and Violence in the workplace. By way of reminder, I am a professor in the state of Arizona.
The world is increasingly global and competitive, and with this has certainly come an increased level of stress for many individual workers. Couple the demands of work with a personal and family life, and one has the potential to encounter a perfect storm that all too often results in violent acts being perpetuated within the workplace. As a result, there is a growing call for employers to work towards mitigating the levels of stress being experienced by their employees, and to ensure that violence is minimized as much as possible.
Consider the various factors the are believed to most commonly contribute to employee stress in the workplace. One of the leading causes of stress are related to the demands that employers expect of their employees. As employees struggle to cope with these demands, immense of amounts of stress can often results, depending upon the respective personalities of the employees. In addition, employees that lack much control at work often indicate that they experience higher levels of stress than those that are more independent and are more in control of their workload. A lack of control seems to go against human nature, so when employers take away most semblance of an employee's individuality, it is certainly a factor that contributes to stress. Another leading factor contributing to stress in the workplace is a lack of support. It is believed that employees who receive an adequate amount of information and support from their employer in regard to their work duties tend to have lower levels of stress than employees who receive little to no support from their employer, colleagues, or superiors. A fourth factor commonly associated with workplace ...
Stress and Violence in the Workplace
Dealing with Stress and Violence in the Workplace
i) Working in the health care industry often puts health care professionals in the line of danger from ill patients, stressed families, overburdened health care facilities, and the many situations and locations in which each individual works. The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool has been designed to decrease the stress levels of those that experienced or witnessed violence or trauma. I need to write a 500-750-word APA style paper describing the CIS and address the follwowing:
(1) What is the purpose of using the tool?
(2) The process of using the tool.
(3) The expected outcome from utilizing this stress management tool.
(4) Name at least 3 professions that are at risk and have utilized the tool.
(5) Do you believe the tool to be useful in decreasing stress and coping with violence in the workplace? Why or why not?
(6) List several physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral reactions to stress.
Note: Please give me information and suggestions in the above 6 areas to help me prepare for wriring my paper. Thank you.View Full Posting Details