Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Abnormal Psychology Text
Analyze Issue 3: Is Psychological Debriefing a Harmful Intervention for Survivors of Trauma?
As part of your analysis, evaluate contemporary research associated with the critical issue.
After reading the selected critical issue, use the following questions to analyze the issue.
1. What are at least two facts presented by each side of the critical issue?
2. What are at least two opinions presented by each side of the critical issue?
3. What are some of the strengths associated with the Pro side of the issue? What are some of the weaknesses?
4. What are some of the strengths associated with the Con side of the issue? What are some of the weaknesses?
5. How credible were the authors of each argument? Explain your answer.
6. Based on the statements presented in this critical issue, which author do you agree with? Why?
7. Which side of this critical issue does contemporary research support? Please provide specific examples in your response.
"Physchlogical Debriefing," Professional Practice Board Working Party. The British Psychological Society. May 2002.
This solution provides answers to the critical analysis in approximately 1000 words.