43 Matrix Problems. See attached file for full problem description.
1. The symobl [A] denotes a
2. For a mn matrix (m rows and n columns) when m = n, the matrix is said to be
3. The matrix [0 2 3] is a
4. The number of columns in a column matrix is
5. In the matrix [A] = [ 1 6; 5 2; 0 -3], the element a_32 is
6. What is the impedance matrix [Z] for the following set of simultaneous equations obtained from an electric network?
7. What is the final value to which the matrix [ 3 6; 2 1] can be reduced?
8. Two matrices are equal if, and only if, all corresponding elements are
9. The number of rows and number of columns in a matrix
10. The determinant of a matrix can be found only for a
11. What is the determinant |A| of the following matrix? [A] = [1 6 -1; 0 6 2; 1 2 2]
12. A square matrix whose determinant is equal to zero is called a
13. What is the result if the matrix [2 3; 2 1] is multiplied by the factor 5?
14. Addition and subtraction of matrices is defined only for those that
15. what is the difference [A] - [B] of the following two matrices? [A] = [ 1 0; 1 2]; [B]= [0 1; 0 1]
16. For the product [A]* [B] to be defined
17. The product matrix [C]=[A][B] will have
18. What is the product [A][B] of two matrices [A] and [B]?
19. For two matrices [A]and [B], the product [A][B] and the product [B][A] are
20. The matrix [0 0 0; 0 0 0;0 0 0] is a
21. The product [A] of the null matrix  and the matrix [A] is a
22. For the product [A][B] to be a null matrix
23. The matrix [1 0 0; 0 1 0;0 0 1] is a
24. The product [U][A] of the unit matrix [U] and the matrix [A] is
25. The product [U] of the null matrix  and the unit matrix [U] is
26. A scalar matrix [K] is obtained when a scalar k multiplies a
27. A matrix [A] multiplied by a scalar matrix [K] is simply multiplied by
28. What is the adjoint of matrix [A] = [3 2; 1 6]?
29. The inverse matrix of a matrix [A] is the adjoint of [A] divided by
30. What is the inverse of the matrix [A] in question 28?
31. The product [A][A]^-1 of a nonsingular matrix [A] and its inverse [A]^-1 is
32. The solution for [I] in the matrix equation [Z][I]= [V] is
33. The admittance matrix is
34. What is the current matrix obtained by solving the following set of simultaneous equations?
35. The values of I1 and I2 from Question 34 are?
36. Find the impedance matrix of the circuit in Fig. 24.
37. Find the value I1 in Fig. 24.
38. Find the value of R_L in Fig. 24.
39. Find the transmission matrix for the circuit of Fig. 25
40. Which of the following equations will give the value of E2 in the circuit of Fig. 25 for any frequency?
41. Find the value of E2 in Fig. 25 if the frequency is 2 radians per sec.
43. Find the input impedance in Fig. 25 if the frequency is 2 radians per sec.
It is comprised of detailed explanation of practical matrix theory for engineers.