1.)The following formula can be used to convert from degrees Fahrenheit, F, to degrees Celsius, C:
C= 5/9*(F -32)
Gold is liquid for Celsius temperatures C such that 1063 degrees <= C < 2660 degrees. Find a comparable inequality for Fahrenheit temperatures.
2.) The following mathematical model: w = 125 (6400/6400 + x)^2
Describes the weight W (in pounds) of a 125 pound astronaut at an altitude of x kilometers above sea level. What is the astronaut's weight at an altitude of 9600 kilometers?
3.) You invest $7200 in two accounts paying 8% and 10% annual interest, respectively. At the end of the year, the accounts earn the same interest. How much was invested at each rate?
4.) The following function: f(x) = 2(x + 10) , where x>=0
Can be used to convert dress sizes x in the United States to dress sizes f(x) in Italy. For what dress sizes in the United States will dress sizes in Italy be between (not inclusive) 32 and 46?
5.) The weekly demand model for a new video game is given by N = - p + 520. The weekly supply model for the same video game is N = 3p + 400. For these models, p is the price of the video game and N is the number of video games sold or supplied each week. Find the price at which supply and demand are equal.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 4:44 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) If C = 5/9*(F - 32), we can find out the reverse conversion formula by solving the above equation in F:
9/5*C = F - 32 --> F = 9/5*C + 32
For C = 1063, we will have:
F = 9/5*1063 + 32 = 1945.4
and for C = 2660:
F = 9/5*2660 + 32 = 4820
Hence, the answer is: gold is liquid between 1945.4 deg F and 4820 deg F.
2) We have the weight as a function of the altitude taken in km. This is based on a famous formula of Newton in Physics.
By replacing (x) in the formula with the actual altitude, we can find out the actual weight of the astronaut. For x = 9600 km, we will have:
w = 125*(6400/(6400+9600))^2= 20 lb
3) Let's denote (x) the amount invested in the first account ...
This solution is comprised of a detailed explanation to find a comparable inequality for Fahrenheit temperatures and etc.
See Attached for complete details of the problems.
- The height of a rocket is given by the equation where the height is measured in feet above the ground and the time, t, is measured in seconds. How long will it take for the rocket to hit the ground?
- Ann has a 32 oz. bowl of M&Ms on her coffee table. The candies are 50% blue M&Ms.
She eats some of the M&Ms (which are 50% blue), then fills the bowl back to 32 oz. with a package of M&Ms that contains 20% blue ones.
If the resulting full bowl (32 oz.) contains 40% blue M&Ms, how many ounces did she eat?
- A cone has volume V = 1/3 (pi*r^2*h) where r is the radius of the base and h is the height. If a cone has a volume 180pi cm^3 and the radius is 9 centimeters, find its height.
- Solve for y
- A playground is in the shape of a trapezoid, with the longer parallel side twice as long as the shorter side and the height equal to the length of the shorter side. If the area of the playground is 66,150 m2, find the length of the shorter parallel side.
- Find the length of the three equal sides of an equilateral triangle with height 11 units.View Full Posting Details