Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
9. Solve for t 224=106-t
10. Solve for y 6=-3/2y
11. Distributive property 9(x+9)
13. Solve for w 4w-8=-12
14. Solve for y 2(y+6)-8y=-30
15. Solve for x and simplify 7/2x-3/5=x-3/2
16. Solve for x and simplify -5(x-6)=5x+40
17. Solve the inequality for v v-7<18
18. Solve inequality for z -3z+2>-25
19. Solve the inequality for w 3w+1 4/5w+3
20. A local hamburger shop sold a combined total of 821 hamburgers and cheeseburgers on Thursday. There were 71 more cheeseburgers sold than hamburgers. How many hamburgers were sold on Thursday?
21. Diane purchased a prepaid phone card for $20. Long distance calls cost 16 cents a minute using this card. Diane used her card only once to make a long distance call. If the remaining credit on her card is 15.84 , how many minutes did her call last?
22. Graph the line y=-x-1
23. Graph the line with slope 2 passing through the point (5,1)
24. Graph the inequality on a number line x>-5
25. Find the slope of the line 3x-4y=2
26. Write the equation of the following line (graph shows a line with points at (4,-8) and (0,0)
27. A line passes through the point (x,y) = (2,-8) and has a slope of -6. Write an equation for this line.
28. Write equations for the vertical and the horizontal lines passing through the point (-7,2) in (x,y) coordinates.
29. Suppose that a household's monthly water bill (in dollars) is a linear function of the amount of water the household uses (in hundreds of cubic feet, HCF). When graphed, the function gives a line with a slope of 1.65. See the figure below. (figure shows a vertical line which show monthly cost in dollars and a horizontal line which shows water usage measured in HCF, the water usage is 20 and the dollar amount is 23.66)
If the monthly bill for 20 HCF is $23.66 , what is the monthly bill for 24 HCF?
30. Find the values of x and y that solve the following system of equations
31. Find the values of x and y that solve the following system of equations
32. Find the two numbers whose sum is 42 and whose difference is 12 (call the two numbers x and y)
A step by step solution to all the problems is provided.
Solving a Basic Algebra Word Problem
Sally received a bill for a total of 8 hours labor on the repair of her bulldozer. She paid $50 to the master mechanic and $90 to his apprentice. If the master mechanic gets $10 more per hour than his apprentice does, write the following:
?Expression for wages in $/hr by the master mechanic
?Expression for wages in $/hr by the apprentice
?Expression for wages in $/hr that the apprentice would have to make to equal the wages of the master mechanic
?Equation that relates the wages of the apprentice to that of the master mechanic
(question also in attachment)View Full Posting Details