1. Gennie has a large collection of Barbie dolls, worth a total of $55,000. Within the collection, she has three groups of dolls: Model Collection dolls, International Beauty dolls, and Princess dolls. She determines that the total worth of the Model Collection dolls is $5000 more than the total worth of the International Beauty dolls. The Princess dolls are worth $200 less than the worth of the Model Collection dolls and International Beauty dolls together. How much is each group of dolls worth?
Let m = worth of the Model collection dolls
Let n = worth of International Beauty dolls
Let p = worth of Princess dolls
2. A chemist is mixing a solution containing 20% bromine with a second solution containing 35% bromine. He wishes to prepare 200 oz. of a solution containing 23% bromine. How much of each of the solutions should he use? [Round to the nearest tenth of an ounce.]
Let x represent the amount of solution 1 (20%)
Let y represent the amount of solution 2 (35%)
Please explain each step in both problems.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:56 am ad1c9bdddf
1. The total worth of Barbie dolls is $55,000
m + n + p = 55,000
The total worth of Model dolls is $5000 more than than International Beauty
m = n + 5000
The Princess dolls are worth $200 less than Model and International together
p = m + n - 200
Thus we have three equations
(1) m + n + p = 55,000
(2) m - n ...
The total worth of Barbie dolls is expressed carefully in this guide.
Sony Playstation 2: analysis of company in global market
Sony Playstation 2: Just Another Competitor?
1) What are Sony's 3-5 major strengths and 3-5 major weaknesses?
(In answering this question, assess its tangible and intangible resources,
primary and support functions, and capabilities. Also answer with respect
to the video game industry.)
2) To what extent does Sony have a sustainable competitive advantage? Explain your answer.
GENERAL EXTERNAL ANALYSIS
3) Explain how each of the general environment segments impacts the video game industry.
Give specific examples.
4) Using the Five Forces Model of Competition, perform an industry environment analysis.
Make sure to both identify the factor(s) and/or group(s) involved in each force as well
as the seriousness of each "threat" (e.g., what are the substitute product and/or services?
How likely are new entrants to enter the market?)
5) Based on your competitive analysis, is the video game industry an attractive industry?
Justify your response.
6) How would you describe the competitive dynamics in the industry?
Discuss how they have evolved over time using strategic management concepts?
7) How can Sony use promotion, pricing, and licensing to leverage its early mover
advantage over Nintendo and Microsoft?