Examine the label of a jar of multivitamins?either one that you currently take or one that is sold in a store.
Relate the vitamin and mineral amounts in the multivitamin to your diet.
What are some of the benefits you stand to receive by taking it every day?
Does taking a multivitamin every day raise your intake of a particular vitamin or mineral to near-toxic levels?
What are the consequences of toxicity?
Please see attached document for full details. Thank You!!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Comparing the one a day woman's nutritional components and the daily requirement table included reveals that only the following daily values were met by one dose: vitamin D (800 UI provided compared to 400-800 UI needed), thiamin (1.5 mg vs. 1.1-1.2 mg), riboflavin (1.7 mg vs. 1.1-1.3 mg), vitamin B6 (2 mg vs. 1.3-1.7 mg), folic acid (400 ug vs. 400 ug), vitamin B12 (6 ug vs. 2.4 ug), biotin (30 ug vs. 30 ug), pantothenic acid (5 mg vs. 5 mg), iron (18 mg vs. 18 mg), zinc (15 mg vs. 8-11 mg), copper (2 mg vs. 0.9 mg), manganese (2 mg vs. 1.8-2.3 mg), ...
Examination of a multivitamin as to how it meets or does not recommended daily intact of vitamins and minerals with some examination of potential toxicity.
Nutrition - Vitamins give you energy. True or False?
1. Vitamins give you energy. o True o False Why?
2. British sailors are called "Limeys" because they ate
limes while at sea to prevent scurvy. o True o False Why?
3. Cooking does not affect the vitamin content of foods.o True o False
4. If some of a vitamin is good, more is better. o True o False Why?
5. Only fat-soluble vitamins can cause toxic reactions. o True o False
6. Vitamin C can cure the common cold. o True o False Why?
7. Niacin supplements are used to lower blood cholesterol. o True o False Why?
8. Milk stored in clear glass bottles will have less riboflavin
than milk stored in cardboard cartons. oTrue oFalse Why?
9. A woman who takes folic acid supplements before she
becomes pregnant can reduce the risk of birth defects. o True
o False Why?
10. Vitamin B12 is only found in animal products. o True o False Why?
11. Vitamin K can be made by bacteria in the o True o False Why?
12. Vitamin D is not always needed in the diet. o True o False Why?
13. A high intake of beta-carotene will o True o False Why?
turn your skin yellow or orange.
14. Certain people need vitamin supplements o True o False Why?
to meet their needs.
15. Lifestyle choices can prevent oxidative damage o True o False Why?View Full Posting Details