1. How might insufificient or excessive amounts of protiens, carbohydrates, fats, or fibers contribute to one's health? Be specific and provide examples.
2. What are some current nutritional issues, such as obesity or malnutrition, that might result from a fast food diet?
3. What three facts do you find particularly interesting about the excess or lack of micronutrients in a fast food diet?
4. What is the role of water in promoting health?
5. What is the long term outlook for individuals on a fast food diet in terms of longevity and quality of life?
Protein is used to build muscle and tissue as well as heal your body. It also contributes nitrogen to your body. Too little protein causes a weakened immune system, flaky skin, stunted growth, delayed healing. Too much protein puts your body systems in stress, and eating too much protein (with other components, thus increasing calories) adds weight to your body. Too much proteins can also cause a build up of toxic ketones which harm your kidneys as they try to flush out the toxins. Too few carbohydrates make you have lower energy. Too many cause weight gain, may lead to diabetes, heart disease. Too few fats cause you to be hungry, vitamins will not be absorbed, temperature will not be properly regulated, organs will not be as protected. Too much fat can cause obesity, heart disease, cancer, diabetes. Too little fiber results in constipation, acne, elevated cholesterol levels, hemorrhoids, high blood pressure and obesity (fiber slows down fat absorption),cancer (food sits in intestines). Too much fiber affects absorption of nutrients, causes gas and bloating, dehydration, stomach ...
This detailed solution evaluates how insufficient or excessive amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and fibers can contribute to one's health. It also discusses nutritional issues that might result from a fast food diet, and three facts about the excess or lack of micronutrients in a fast food diet. It discusses the role of water in promoting health, and the long term outlook for individuals on a fast food diet in terms of longevity and quality of life. It includes links and examples.