Can you please help me with the following?
Meta-analysis can serve as an important source of information for the DNP-prepared nurse; however, the quality of the meta-analysis must be assessed. Using the following article please help answer the questions below:
Brancato, R.M., Church, S., & Stone, P.W. (2008) A meta-analysis of passive descent versus immediate pushing in nulliparous women with epidural analgesia in the second stage of labor Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 37, 4-12
1. Was the size of the sample (studies and subjects) sufficiently large to conduct a meaningful meta-analysis?
2. How should you assess the overall rigor of this meta-analysis? Why?
3. Did the diversity of the sample (in terms of participants' characteristics, timing of data collection, or research tradition) enhance the study or weaken it?
4. How would you assess the overall rigor of this meta-analysis? Why?
5. Did the reviewers explain their method of pooling and integrating the data? Explain.
6. Was the analysis of data thorough and credible?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 20, 2018, 11:11 am ad1c9bdddf
A meta-analysis of a research article, looking at sample size and rigor, is given in 2 word documents.