Describe the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities that are necessary to meet the current and future demands in the Health Information Technology field. List two Health Information Technology professional organizations you feel are important to the field and describe why they are important.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:14 am ad1c9bdddf
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to meet demands in HIT are varied. Some are centered around industry specific functions, such as providing health care. Others require general knowledge and abilities in management, technology savvy, and professional development. In the healthcare industry, specific terminology is used in the process of providing patient care. The terminology is used in electronic health records for data entry, billing, and other functions of the EHR. Therefore, knowledge of medical terminology and of insurance provider terminology is required of those working in the field.
Abilities required in HIT fields involve many categories, such as communications, ...
The skills and abilities needed in health information technology are determined. The expert lists two health information technology professional organizations which are important.
Management of Information Technology in Organizations
Compose a 3-4 page essay on the topic (cover page is NOT included):
What Does It Take to be a Successful IT Manager?
In your essay you may wish to consider issues such as:
• What kinds of characteristics and skills do successful IT managers generally possess?
• Are successful IT managers born with these skills and characteristics or do they have to work hard to acquire them?
• Any controversial issues you may find in your reading.
Case assignment expectations
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. Your ability to consolidate ideas from reading materials and your understanding of what makes an IT manager successful.
2. Some in-text references to modular background readings.
Please note that these are not to be treated as questions to be answered with bullet points, but just as things to think about as you formulate your own ideas about the topic. Be sure to use appropriate academic referencing in your citations and references from the literature.
1) Lee, S. M. and Lee, C. K. (April 2006), "IT managers' requisite skills," Communications of the ACM, volume 49, issue 4
2) Sisco, M. (2003) "What makes a successful IT manager"? TechRepublic
3) Brewer, J. (2005) Project Managers, Can We Make Them or Just Make Them Better? Proceedings of the 6th conference on Information technology education, Conference On Information Technology Education (formerly CITC), Newark, NJ, USA, Pages:167-173
You have been asked to become familiar with the characteristics and skills that are shared among successful IT managers, behaviors they tend to demonstrate, and actions they take.
Consider the question of what it takes to be a great IT manager.
Your task for this assignment is to use the knowledge you have learned in this module, and apply it to an IT manager, either yourself, someone you really admire, or someone has not done a great job. Make sure to use concrete examples to support your opinion. You will need an appropriate title page, 3-4 pages of solid descriptive narrative and appropriate citations and references.
If you are not currently working in an IT capacity, simply use a typical project setting from your current or a former work setting.