Research Medicare's Home Care Benefits and prepare a PowerPoint presentation to present a group of senior citizens.
Medicare' Home Health care benefits for the Elderly
Medicare is a federal program that pays covered health care services for qualified beneficiaries.
-established in 1965 under Title XVIII of Social Security Act
-provide health insurance to individual 65 and older
- provide healtha insurance to permanently disabled individuals under 65
Part A covers inpatient hospital services, skilled nursing care, and home health and hospice care
Part B covers physician services, outpatient services, and home health and preventive services
Part C covers private plan option for beneficiairies
Part D covers outpatient prescriptions drug benefits
- Home health care
- The requirement for eligibility for Medicare covered home health services must meet three requirements:
- He/she must be homebound
-He/she must neet part-time or intermittent skilled nursing care or skilled rehabilitation
- Must be under care of physician
- the term homebound cause some confusion at time
- misinterpreted by providers and Medicare claims contractors
-Congress and Centers for Medicare have clarified the definition of homebound to reassist beneficiaries, providers, and Medicare claims contractors
- Homebound means that the beneficiaries may be confined to the home or in institution that is not a hospital
- Example of homes are Medicare skilled nursing facility ( SNF) or Medicaid participating nursing facility
- Beneficiary does not have to be bedridden
- Considered homebound if leaving their residence requires taxing effort.
- Absence of homebound must be infrequent
- Beneficiaries who met the homebound requirement are eligible for coverage of ...
Medicare home health benefit provides coverage for visits to home by skilled health care professional. To be eligible for home health benefit, a beneficiary must meet three different criteria: (1) homebound, (2) require intermittent nursing care, and (3) under the care of a physician who had established that the home health visit are necessary.