Not what you're looking for?
What would be objective indications of coronary heart disease during a graded exercise test, and how the results of such a test can be utilized in the cardiac rehabilitation exercise prescription?
Purchase this Solution
This solution explains some objective indications of coronary heart disease during a graded exercise test, and how the results of such a test can be utilized in the cardiac rehabilitation exercise prescription. Supplemented with two highly relevant articles.
1. What would be objective indications of coronary heart disease during a graded exercise test?
1. The grade exercise test is used by doctors to determine if there is adequate blood flow to your heart during increasing levels of activity, evaluates the effectiveness of your cardiac treatment plan, and determine the likelihood of having coronary artery disease and the need for future testing (see attachment).
2. Objective measures of the person's blood pressure and ECG recording will be taken before, during and after exercise. The person will begin to exercise by walking on a treadmill or pedaling a stationary cycle. The degree of difficulty will gradually increase. She or he will be asked to exercise very hard until they are exhausted.
3. During the graded exercise test the lab personnel will ask how the person is feeling at regular intervals. The person is asked to tell them if she or he feels chest, arm or jaw pain or discomfort; shortness of breath; dizziness; lightheadedness; or any other unusual symptoms. If these subjective symptoms are present, this indicates possible coronary heart disease and the lab personnel will watch for any symptoms or changes on the ECG monitor that suggest the test should be stopped (i.e., objective indication of coronary heat disease).
4. It is within the "normal" range of functioning for a person's heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate and perspiration to increase during the test. However, these are objective indicators of possible coronary heart disease when these four factors fall outside the normal range of functioning.
5. When the recordings of the blood pressure and the ECG, indicate a departure from this norm, this is an indication of coronary heart disease and ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz will test the basics of managed care organizations. It is important to know how our health care delivery system operates through managed care.
This quiz will provide a brief introduction to Celiac Disease. Questions will focus on definitions and symptoms.
This quiz focuses on what everyone should know about community MRSA. Community MSRA is an infection in healthy people.
Do you know about the stages of delivery? Find out with this quiz!
All humans experience stress and a certain level is motivating for learning. However, a high level of stress for prolonged periods of time may have a negative impact. This information focuses on the four stages of stress. Understanding stress assists in maintaining a healthy level.