What type of delivery mode, synchronous or asynchronous, promotes a better outcome? What are the advantages or disadvantages of online distant education when compared to face-to-face learning? Agree or disagree?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. What type of delivery mode, synchronous or asynchronous, promotes a better outcome? What are the advantages or disadvantages of online distant education when compared to face-to-face learning? Agree or disagree?
Let's look at the following strengths of on-line distant education (synchronous or asynchronous) which suggests that it at least matches face-to-face learning. Research suggests, though combining the two modes of delivery is often beast and creates better learning outcomes (but not alwaays).
Ten Ways Online Education Matches, or Surpasses, Face-to-Face Learning
From the perspective of a long-time (30+ years) classroom instructor, a sociology professor, a day-to-day user of the course management system, and a person who thrives on interaction with students, Mark Kassop identifies 10 ways online education excels:
1. Student-centered learning: Students are empowered to learn on their own and even to teach one another, working together toward learning goals more effectively.
2. Writing intensity: Online courses are usually far more ...
This solution compares online distant education delivery and face-to-face learning looking at the advantages and disadvantage to determine what type of delivery mode, synchronous or asynchronous, promotes better learning outcomes.
Article about Effectiveness of Video Streaming Teaching
See attached file.
Review of Previous Research
- How closely is the literature cited in the study related to previous literature?
- Is the review recent?
See the attachment.
- Are there any seminal or outstanding references you know of that were left out?
Problem and Purpose
- Can you understand the statement of the problem?
- Is the purpose of the study clearly stated?
- Does the purpose seem to be tied to the literature that is reviewed?
- Is the objective of the study clearly stated?
- Is there a conceptual rationale to which the hypotheses are grounded?
- Is there a rationale for why the study is an important one to do?