- What learning is, (learning implies change)â?"learning theory;
- How to do it best, (the style, approach, fitness for purpose)â?"learning theory;
- When they have learnt, (description of and reflection about the learning)â?"critical reflection;
- What their learning is informed by (its validity; how it stands up to scrutiny against outside evidence )â?"critical reflection;
- What they need to learn (future learning)â?"critical reflection;
- What they have learnt, know more about and become more able at doing (analysis and evaluation of the learning)â?"capability" (p. 14).
In this discussion, reflect upon your experiences throughout your degree program in selecting assessment methods and designing assessment tools to evaluate learning, and explain how assessment can be used for both individual learner mastery and continuous quality improvement of the instruction. Please also offer your thoughts on how critical reflection is essential in the assessment process not only for the educator, but for learners as well.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 22, 2019, 12:18 am ad1c9bdddf
When selecting which assessment method to choose instructors are faced with a difficult task as they must design the appropriate assessment tools that evaluate learning. Norm-referenced tests, criterion-referenced tests, and alternative tests can be used for assessing student progress or knowledge. In any assessment used, educators must develop test items that require a mastery of the subject, an expert ability in concise and precise writing, the capability to visualize realistic situations for use in the development of problems, and creation of a semi-permanent record of test ...
This solution describes the best assessment tools teachers can use in their classroom. The solution outlines how teachers must align their assessment strategies toward their lesson instruction and teaching style. In addition, the solution describes how to incorporate learning theory into their assessment methodology.