Hi, I need some assistance with the following questions:
- What are two ways to support the families of children learning a second language?
- One example of a resource you can use to help plan for children learning a second language, with a summary and justification of your choice.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:59 am ad1c9bdddf
Preschool children can be taught a second language under the parameters of the structural tenets of the English alphabet. Pertinent for any preschool program for ELLs is the use of effective instruction in language development wherein teachers instruct preschool ELL learners in alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, and print awareness. These constitute the development of early literacy skills that will contribute significantly to later reading achievement for preschool ELL students.
Three strategies that will assist in helping teachers better instruct preschool ELL learners ...
The expert examines teaching children a second language. The two ways to support the families of children learning a second language is determined.
Pls. read the attached word document (ESL) and answer the followings IN YOUR OWN WORDS:
1. List 3 ideas from the readings that are interesting to you and why.
2. List 2 ideas you are concerned with or wonder about.
3. Describe the following terms with your understanding of how they apply to ESL instruction:
a. English Language Development (ELD)
b. cultural/academic/psychological (CAP) intervention
c. Silent Stage
d. culture shock
e. uprooting experience
Thank you.View Full Posting Details