(1) What is the importance of having standards in mathematics? How do standards improve mathematics instruction? Compare and contrast traditional mathematics programs versus constructivist-type programs in addressing the standards. What are some of the limitations of both types of programs? Use scholarly research to defend your rationale.
(2) What was the objective(s) of the lesson?
(3) What National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards were addressed?
(4) What is the importance of having standards in mathematics? How do standards improve mathematics instruction?
(6) Did the teacher differentiate instruction within a diverse classroom? If so, how? If not, how might the teacher have differentiated the instruction in a diverse classroom?
(7) Was technology used in the instruction of the math lesson? If so, how was technology used? If not, how could technology be used in this math lesson?
(8) Did the teacher use any concrete or manipulative objects, and, if so, did the teacher use them effectively?
(9) How did the teacher assess learning in the classroom? Name the types of assessments used.
(10) What changes might you have made to the lesson?
ii) Include a copy of the lesson plan.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:12 am ad1c9bdddf
To be sure that I addressed all parts of this multi-part posting, I have copied and pasted the assignment instructions here.
(1) What is the importance of having standards in mathematics? How do standards improve mathematics instruction? (These two questions are repeated, and are answered in part 4) Compare and contrast traditional mathematics programs versus constructivist-type programs in addressing the standards. What are some of the limitations of both types of programs? Use scholarly research to defend your rationale.
Constructivist theory mathematics programs present materials using an inquiry method, as espoused by Dewey, Piaget and others. This means that students are given authentic activities which they can use to construct meaning as they add new knowledge to knowledge they already possess. They also use inquiry, sometimes called discovery, to observe interactions and draw conclusions regarding curriculum content. This approach works quite well in science, where interactions with living things and chemical substances can be observed and conclusions drawn about processes. This approach works less well, in my opinion, with factual information which needs to be learned and then applied, like mathematics, including linear measurement. Some discovery activities using measurement can certainly be introduced after students have the basics. There are a number of articles on Mathematics teaching and constructivist theories at the following Web site: http://mathforum.org/mathed/constructivism.html. ...
Description, discussion of and nalaysis of observed mathematics lesson on linear measurement.
HR Evaluation for Kudler Foods
Can you assist me with the following assignment and add any references.
HR Evaluation for Kudler Foods
Kudler Fine Foods is a local upscale specialty grocery store located in the San Diegometropolitan area. The company has three locations ( La Jolla, DelMar and Encinitas). The company has just finished restructuring its organizational strategy. Kudler Foods has developed and implemented a new customer service strategy that will enable associates of the grocery store to be considered front line customer service agents. This is in an effort to provide every customer with the highest level of customer service available. Kudler Fine Foods now realizes that a Human Resources plan has to be created to realize its new strategy.
Kudler Fine Foods has decided to hire you as a Human Resources Consultant to help them create a Human Resource plan. The elements of this Human Resource Plan will include job analyses, job evaluations, a pay or compensation plan, performance evaluations, compensating teams, and rewarding management.
The first task that you as the HR Consultant will perform is job analysis on the following positions; Store Manager, Cashier, Stock Person, Specialty Department Worker, Department Manager, and Bagger.
Using the job analysis table and the new strategy statement, write a 700-1050 word APA paper that creates six job performance profiles. This would include first filling out the Job Analysis Table that identifies the job position and describes job tasks associated with that job. In the written portion of this assignment, discuss the approach used in analyzing each job and dividing that job into specific tasks. Also discuss how the compensation of each job aligns with the new strategy and will enhance performance. Include how Human Resources employs job analysis to implement organizational strategy.