Quantitative research question:
Do trainees have lower passing scores on career development courses at a deployed location, than those at a home location?
Peruse the literature; select 4 or 5 articles that relate to the research question; and read with a purpose to identify gaps in information or ambiguities that help to clarify and justify the research question.
Based on your review of the literature, discuss the following items in your paper:
- Show why your research question (in original format or revised) needs to be answered (for example, does it address controversies or debates, or fill a gap, found in the literature?)
- Describe the theories that support your research question (for example, are there any theoretical models that need to be tested empirically as suggested by your research question?)
- Identify the best methodology to conduct a study to answer your research question (please explain your response)
- Describe how answering your research question (with completion of prospective study) would add to the research already completed.
Hill, J. (2005, March).* Introduction to descriptive statistics. Retrieved August 22, 2013from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign website:
Johnson, R. B., & Christensen, L. (n/s). Problem Identification and Hypothesis Formation. University of South Alabama. Retrieved August 22, 2013 from http://www.southalabama.edu/coe/bset/johnson/lectures/lec3.htm
Stockburger, D. W. (2006). Statistics. Retrieved August 22, 2013 from Missouri State University website: http://www.psychstat.missouristate.edu/introbook/sbk13.htm
Wallin, A. M. (2006). Cross-cultural interview studies using interpreters: systematic literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 55(6), pp723-735. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03963.x. Retrieved July 2012 from EBSCO.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:13 am ad1c9bdddf
The research question is valid because of the fact that many people now engage in career development from home because of the onslaught of online technology. Therefore, it is vital to ascertain if this type of employee training is as effective as training provided onsite because of the variables associated with patient care and health. If dealing with the healthcare industry, it would be necessary to understand how effective the trainees are after taking career development courses at home in relation to how they have fared while taking these courses at deployed locations. The literature provided by you in the articles that you have given do not address this issue sufficiently and ...
The solution answers whether trainees' scores on career development courses are better at a deployed location or at a home location.
Question about Career Development Plan
Need a generic 5 year career development plan leaning towards wanting a management position, including:
- Career goals and objectives
- Possible promotional opportunities for career growth
- Methods for career management
- An inventory of current skills, abilities, training, and education
- Job satisfaction attributes
- Identification of three action steps to reaching stated career goals and objectives
- Identification of potential barriers to reaching stated career goals
- Analyze the affect of career training programs.