Calculate the number of moles of aluminum in a solution containing 10 grams sample.
a. 0.742 mole of Al atoms
b. 0.371 mole of Al atoms
c. 26.98 mole of Al atoms
d. 0.121 mole of Al atoms
This solution provides calculations for number of moles of aluminum is a solution.
Solution Properties Examined
Chapter 13 Practice
7. By referring to the figure , determine the mass of each of the following salts required to form a saturated solution in 350 of water at 30 : , ,
10. Calculate the mass percentage of in a solution containing 10.8 in 481 water.
13. An ore contains 2.88 of silver per ton of ore. What is the concentration of silver in ppm?
14. A solution is made containing 14.5 of in 183 .
A. Calculate the mole fraction of .
B. Calculate the mass percent of .
C. Calculate the molality of .
18. What is the molarity of 0.560 in 250.0 of solution? 22.3 in 125 of solution?
22. A sulfuric acid solution containing 571.5 of per liter of solution has a density of 1.329 .
A. Calculate the mass percentage of in this solution.
B. Calculate the mole fraction of in this solution.
C. Calculate the molality of in this solution.
D. Calculate the molarity of in this solution.
31. The density of acetonitrile is 0.786 , and the density of methanol is 0.791 . A solution is made by dissolving 21.0 in 98.5 .
A. What is the mole fraction of methanol in the solution?
B. What is the molality of the solution? Assuming is the solute and is the solvent.
C. Assuming that the volumes are additive, what is the molarity of in the solution?
39. Calculate the number of moles of solute present in each of the following aqueous solutions
A. 700 of 0.250
B. 86.6 of 0.180 ,
C. 122.0 of a solution that is 6.25% glucose by mass.
44. Calculate the vapor pressure of water above a solution prepared by adding 23.0 of lactose to 200.0 of water at 338 . (Vapor-pressure of water at 338 187.5 .)
61. Calculate the freezing and boiling points of each of the following solutions:
A. freezing point of 0.25 glycerol in ethanol
B. boiling point of 0.25 glycerol in ethanol
C. freezing point of 0.240 of naphthalene in 2.65 of chloroform